Home Insurance for Central Iowa

What isn't covered by homeowners insurance?

central Iowa home insuranceYour home is a major investment, so protecting it from potential damages is a priority.  What kind of coverage do you need?  There are a few things to remember:

  • Homeowners insurance typically covers destruction and damage to your home's exterior and interior, the loss or theft of your possessions, and personal liability (someone harmed while on your property).
  • You can choose from three basic levels of coverage: actual cash value (ACV) of your home, its replacement cost, and extended replacement cost or value (which covers you if the value of your home increases beyond the initial policy limit).
  • If you're a renter, you can obtain similar coverage to a homeowner to protect yourself, your family, and your belongings.

Water in your basement can be an issue in spring or summer floods. Coverage that takes care of an issue like that is an additional piece you can add to your homeowner's coverage. Sewer or storm drain backup are also policy add-ons.

How much insurance do I need?

One way to determine the amount of coverage you need is to determine the market value of your home and take a quick inventory of your belongings.

  • What would it cost to replace your home?

  • What are the more valuable items you own and what would it cost to replace the contents of your home?

  • Will you want flood insurance?

What about rates?

This is another area where a Trusted Choice agency like Integrity Financial Group can help you. You can discuss options related to deductible size, the value of your home and belongings, and other intel that will help you reduce the size of your premium yet maximize your protection.

Our Partners